AGS COUNCIL MINUTES
Tuesday, July 12, 2011

 I.                   Call to order (5:20)

II.                Circulate attendance sheet

III.             Approve agenda (2 min)

a.       Motion by Graham seconded, no objections

IV.             Approve minutes from previous meeting (5 min)

a.       Motion to approve Alex, 2nded, no objections

V.                 Ratify Bill 11-49: VP Admin Staff Appointment(CCD) (5 min)

a.       Motion to ratify Alex, 2nded, unanimous

VI.              Resolution 11-50: Join Sage (10 min)

a.       Motion to approve Bill, 2nded, unanimous

VII.          Resolution 11-51: VP Internal Staff Appointment (Social) (10 min)

a.       Motion to approve, 2nded, unanimous

 

VIII.       Resolution 11-52: VP Internal Staff Appointment (GSHIP) (10 min)

a.       Motion to approve, 2nded, unanimous

 

IX.             GRC Director  (10 min)

a.       Discussed upcoming programming

b.      Partner with AGS to support International grad students

c.       Continue working with AGS in the social media realm

X.                Executive Reports

a.       President (10 min)

                                                              i.      Conference Calls with UC President Yudolf

                                                            ii.      BWG

1.      $50 million cut allocation is decided

2.      Large cut to student affairs

3.      Handing out percentage cut with suggestions

4.      Predominanently cutting admin, not services

                                                          iii.      Parking

1.      Talked with Ron Flemming

2.      Going to a license plate system for on campus in Sept

a.       No plate number limit

b.      5 all day permits per month (25/quarter)

c.       10 nights/weekend additional permits

                                                                                                                                      i.      This is a change in policy from unlimited

d.      Time of night changed back from 8pm to 5pm (as it was previously established)

                                                          iv.       Housing

1.      Agenda Items for Coop. Gov. Group

a.       Transfer between ACC and on-campus

b.      Online payment system

c.       Get cat policy removed

d.      Transparency with the waitlist

                                                            v.      Judiciary Committee

1.      Needs 3 members

                                                          vi.      International Students

1.      Work with international students on campus

2.      Form a committee

3.      Address inter. Student issues on campus

b.        VP Internal (10 min)

                                                              i.      Housing Visitor Parking

1.     Working on getting 17a for overflow nights/weekends

2.      Parking collecting statistics on 17a

                                                            ii.      GSHIP

1.      Voluntary enrollment now possible for Prof. students that don’t qualify under academic fees

2.      This plan is not very affordable, perhaps AGS could work on finding an affordable plan outside GSHIP

                                                          iii.      Orientation

1.      Video Contest: AGS should submit a video

2.      Reception being planned

a.       Post-reception at the pub

3.      Working on an invite list for the reception

c.       VP Admin (5 min)

                                                              i.      Communication committee started this past Monday

1.      Low attendance, but very productive and fun

2.      Worked on a structure to focus effort


                        d.      VP Finance (10 min)  

                                                              i.       Discussion on change in special projects funding

 

e.       VP External (10 min).

                                                              i.      UCSA meetings

1.      Strategies for UCSA Congress next month

2.      Undergrad, Grad and joint campaign

                                                            ii.      UCSA board approved grad bill of rights

1.      Work to get established in Academic Senate

                                                          iii.      UCSA conference Aug 18-21

1.      Looking for attendees to participate

2.      Workshops to host and attend workshops at the event

3.      Signup sheet for congress

a.       5 members

                                                          iv.      Legislative Advocacy Alliance Conference

1.      Western Regional Conference in Irvine in September

2.      Build the strength of the western region and initiate advocacy

a.       Benefits

                                                                                                                                      i.      Show off UCI

                                                                                                                                    ii.      Set agenda

XI.             New Business (10 min)

a.       Resolution 11-53 On Projects Funding

                                                              i.      Motion to add to agenda Alex, 2nded, no objections

                                                            ii.      Motion to postpone till next meeting Chris, 2nded, unanimous

Motion to adjourn Alex, 2nded, unanimous