AGS COUNCIL MINUTES
I. Call to order
- Motion to approve by Sierra, seconded
III. Approve minutes from previous meeting (5 min)
- Motion to approve by Victor, seconded (19-for, 0-against, 0-abstain)
- Kristin Garcia appointed to Council.
V. Bylaw Revisions: Resolution 12-27 and 12-28 (5 + 15 min)
- Justin motions to change from conversation to stack.
- Alex motions to extend by 5 mins, (8-for, 5-against)
- Members of Council still unclear why we have 2 documents- Chris resolution 12-27 is a bylaw revision while Eriks resolution 12-28 is a resolution that adds further stipulation.
- Alex motions to extend by 5 mins (3- for, 12-against).
- Justin motion to call the question, seconded (18+3-for, 0+0-against, 1+2-abstain)
- Motion to postpone, resolution 12-28. Motion by Justin, seconded (19-for, 0-against, 0-abstain)
- Hanoz motion to move this resolution to a sub-committee, which he accepted to chair. (10-for, 3 against, 6 abstain)
- If the tax initiative doesn’t pass UC system will experience additional 250 million budget cut.
Break for 5 mins.
- The award winners are
Chris Dunckle - DEBBIE DAVIS GRADUATE STUDENT AWARD
Toru Oda - SVETLANA BERSHADSKY GRADUATE STUDENT COMMUNITY AWARD
Ann Hironaka - KATHY ALBERTI FACULTY AND STAFF AWARD
Rodrigo Lazo - FACULTY MENTORING AWAR
- Motion to approve, seconded. (18-for,0-against, 0-abstain)
- Following new ideas were proposed:
1. AGS should have Newsletters, reaching out to campus clubs and organizations, increase communication, and socialize
2. AGS wide calendar and doodle setups
3. Address issues, set goals and milestone
4. Subcommittees should have new meeting times every quarter to accomodate peoples schedule.
5. We might have too many committees. We need a more unifying social media, perhaps a Wiki.
- No objections to the bill.