AGS COUNCIL MINUTES
I. Call to Order at 5:37 pm
II. Approve Agenda (2) Kelsey moves to approve the agenda, motion carries
III. Approve Minutes from Previous Meeting (2) Aaron moves to approve minutes, motion carries
IV. Executive Reports
· President (5)
· Commendation for social committee
· New Provost – new method for distributing funds to deans using metrics of success
· Student gov luncheon—chancellor enthusiastic about symposium – ideas to improve professional development at symposium
b. VP External (3)
· Meeting with Janet Napolitano at end of month.
· Students of color conference coming up in Nov.
· NAGPS helps make national decisions – meeting coming up in 1 month – Sonali will be going – looking for more funding for additional reps.
c. VP Finance (3)
· Welcome week was awesome.
· Travel grant advertising help
d. VP Internal (3)
· Survey ready to launch asap
e. VP Admin (3)
· Communications director
· Symposium advertising – council please help flyer
VP Social – orientation was awesome. Welcome week parties went well, no issues. Outdoor club just started. Trip to vegas in the winter – bus to vegas with hotel block.
V. Approval of Resolution 13-41: Appointment of National Legislative Liaison (10)
· Tim moves to bring to the floor, motion carries
· Resolution passes, unanimous (23:0:0)
VI. Bagel Day Update and Signups (10)
· Successful event!
· Help needed – please sign up
· Volunteers: John Cuffe, Aaron Briley
VII. Discussion of AGS Open House (10)
· Success at orientation, many people involved.
VIII. Budget Approval (10)
· Table for next meeting – will be sent out 3 days prior to next meeting
IX. New Business (5)
· Gov shutdown – sites not working for applications
· 1 seat on student health advisory committee
· Clubs: deadline for fee payment for clubs in 2 weeks
Kyle moves to adjourn, motion carries
Meeting adjourned at 6:30 PM
Time Allotted: 66 Minutes