I. Call to Order 5:36 pm
II. Approve Agenda (2): movement to approve, carries. No objections.
III. Approve minutes from previous meeting (2): Melissa moves to approve, carries. No objections.
IV. Executive Reports:
- VP Internal (5): building a new health and wellness building in coming years will ask AGS council for input, new survey being worked on.
- VP External (5): Oakland trip UCSA congress, 1) 9-12 mentorship campaign—trying to create pool of money available for summer funding; 2) graduate students on tenure review boards. Tim elected UCSA Vice-Chair—Congrats!!
- VP Social (5): party on Aug 8 at barn went well, welcome week updates posted on FB.
- VP Finance (5): committee has not yet met, will meet to get travel grants set up.
- VP Admin (5): name cards, school of medicine reps, school of law? Other schools that do their own elections?
- President (5): retreat, student input and feedback on budget.
V. Staff Updates
- Community Development Director (2): volunteering for orientation, database to collect information from volunteers
- Campus Communications Director (2): Zotpass updates
- Student Advocate General (2): Advocate website is going up soon
VI. Update on mental health student services fee (10) Sonali: discussion going on with office of UC President right now, due to students dissatisfied with mental health services and tragic events at other UC schools, deciding on potential fee to increase student mental health services on UC campuses, suggesting $144 per student (both undergrad and grad) for year across UC schools, will go to UC President next Weds. Open floor for input from council members
VII. Update on PDST proposals (5) Sonali: professional schools have requested an average 7% increase in tuition, up to 9 schools have requested MPP requesting 20% increase. Students concerned with 1) where this money will be allocated, 2) incoming student awareness that the next year will see substantial increase in tuition, will forward the proposal to professional school reps who should disseminate to students in their schools.
VIII. Resolution 14-36: Establishing an AGS Staff Hiring Committee (5) Justin: goal to relieve admin tasks from student execs, 23 yay, 0 nay, 0 abstain
IX. New Business (5) Justin: Chancellor search has concluded
Time Allotted: 65 minutes
Motion to adjourn, carries 6:25 pm