AGS COUNCIL MINUTES
AGS COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
I. Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 5:34 by AGS President Michelle Chan
II. Approve Agenda (1)
Motion to approve the agenda by Aaron
Seconded by Connor
No objections, motion passes
III. Approve minutes from previous meeting (1)
Motion to approve the minutes from previous meeting by Connor
Seconded by Aaron
No objections, motion passes
IV. Executive Reports:
a. President (5)
i. Michelle is new in office for 1 week, just attended University Council of President’s meeting at UCLA. Big topics of conversation were GSR pay raise. UCI Admin is making a push for mental health facilities, but students opposed referendum to fund the building last year. This will be a continued point of discussion at UCI this year. We are also bidding to host the UC-wide Women’s Caucus Conference this year.
ii. If you are interested in helping organize the WCC if we get it, as well as PhD Professional Career Conference and Symposium please let Michelle know. These will be paid staff positions this year.
V. Budget Presentation –
· More income this year from Pub, so funds for most divisions went up. Pub space is going open for RFP this year because their contract is up.
· We’ll be going over the budget today, then talking it over at future meetings and getting it approved.
· Staff stipends this year have stayed the same, but new positions needed:
o PD Co-Chair for WCCC
o Social Events Coordinator
· President Programs allocations has gone up to account for WCC bid, Project Funds for student programming has gone up since they’ve been so popular, International Event funds went up to cover One World Concert
VI. VP Elections
· Open floor for nominations for VP Admin –
o Ryan Lewis nominated
· Ryan Lewis is elected as VP Admin
· Open floor for nominations for VP Social –
o Shantell Nolen nominated
· Shantell Nolen is elected as VP Social
· Open floor for nominations for VP External –
o Valerie Acevedo nominated
· Valerie Acevedo is elected as VP External
VII. T-shirt solicitation
· Submit design for AGS t-shirt, winner gets $50 and a t-shirt!
o If you want the AGS logo for your design, let Ryan know
VIII. Council Interest Form
· There are six AGS Committees, members are required to serve on one: Social, Internal, International, External, Finance, and Professional Development
· Academic Senate and UCI-wide committees: many positions of grad student representation to fill, every one is asked to fill one position
· You will receive an interest form shortly
IX. Council Retreat
· To learn Robert’s Rules, AGS roles, etc.. We’ll plan it for Fall when everyone is back.
X. New business
XI. Zots !
· Ryan for working over the summer
· Will for doing Travel Grants over the summer
· Everyone that attended the meeting today
Move to adjourn the meeting by Michelle
Second by Connor
Meeting adjourned at 6:40 by AGS President Michelle Chan