- Serves as the principal assistant to the AGS President, acting as a liaison in matters of importance on behalf of the AGS President and Vice President of Internal Affairs
- Coordinate the AGS Symposium
- Works with the AGS President in the development and drafting of complex and sensitive communications pertaining to AGS
- Coordinate and organize meetings for the AGS President and AGS Vice Presidents
- Connect with graduate and professional students clubs and organizations to ensure AGS represents the entire spectrum of graduate and professional student viewpoints
- Assist the Executive Cabinet in tasks as appropriate
- Oversee and assist with the productivity/status of ongoing AGS projects
- Assist the Campus Organizing Director with the execution and organization of the AGS Fall Retreat
- Coordinate all strategic communications with constituents and university partners
- Advertise and promote various events organized by AGS
- Maintain the website and ensure all the information is updated
- Assist VP Admin in managing council, taking minutes at meetings in their absence
- Assist the Chief of Staff in communications/logistics regarding the AGS Symposium
- Design and provide events that fulfill international students needs.
- Assist service providers present on campus about international students.
- Doing advocacy for international students.
- Create a gateway for international students within the Student Government.
- Serve on the Internal Committee and work with VP Internal
- Represent graduate and professional student interests on the Student Health Insurance Advisory Committee
- Write reports and referendums for grad student issues
- Coordinate planning with staff members for Career Conference, AGS symposium, and Happy Grad
- Lead recruitment efforts for AGS
- Work with External VP
- Educate students on issues affecting graduate education at the state, national and local level
- Coordinate lobby visits with national policy makers and assist in visits to state and other policy makers
- Coordinate training of graduate students on principles of lobbying and advocacy
- Coordinate efforts with our partner organizations, NAGPS and SAGE
- Coordinate lobby visits with policy makers in Orange County and Sacramento
- Coordinate efforts with our UCGPC and UCSA
- Work with Graduate Division to help students begin preparing for the job market earlier in graduate career.
- Work with Career Center and AGS to develop and implement programs to inform graduate students about potential academic and non-academic career paths.
- Work with Career Center and AGS to develop and implement events to train graduate students in skills necessary to thrive after graduate school.
- Work with Graduate Division and other departments on campus to change environment concerning non-academic careers for graduate students.
- Develop relationships with outside companies and universities to set up internship opportunities.
– pending –
- identifying and assessing the needs and desires of graduate students with family and implementing quarterly events of a social, professional development, or networking nature.
- identifying and assessing the needs and desires of LGBTQ graduate students and implementing quarterly events of a social, professional development, or networking nature and coordinating with the clubs and resources on campus.