Are you interested in playing a lead role in improving the lives of graduate students?
AGS will be holding our Vice President Elections on May 26 and June 9, 2019, at 5:30-7:30 pm (PST) via Zoom.
All fee-paying graduate students are eligible to run for a VP position. This year, VPs receive a monthly stipend*
The 2020-2021 AGS Council will elect 5 Vice Presidents:
- VP of Internal Affairs- oversees campus issues like housing, diversity and inclusion, campus climate, and student resources! Also runs the biannual AGS survey.
- VP of External Affairs- leads the AGS lobbying efforts at the UC-wide, local, state, and federal levels! They also lead the Get Out the Vote and Census efforts.
- VP of Financial Affairs- provides resources to grad students! Oversees the travel grant and project fund programs. Tries to secure more money for students.
- VP of Social Affairs- makes grad school fun! Plans the wide variety of social events, including the popular Welcome Week, dances, and events off-campus.
- VP of Administrative Affairs- In charge of making AGS a finely oiled machine! Oversees AGS communication, data and institutional knowledge, and promotes organizational efficiency.
Candidates will make a 2-minute speech, participate in an individual 5 minute Q&A.
For more information on the VP job descriptions, visit our website: https://www.ags.uci.edu/governance/executive-board/.
If you have any questions about the positions, please contact the 2019-2020 VPs for more information.
*Stipend levels are approved annually as a part of the AGS Budget
Please reach out to VPadmin@ags.uci.edu if you have trouble entering the room !!!